Wednesday, November 01, 2006

that little voice in my head just won't listen

I was on an unintentional break . . . hope I haven't fallen off the blogger radar completely.

well, nothing is really going on in my life - the same back and forth nonsense with notreallythatimportant men/boys - today happens to be the boy's 26th birthday, so I was kind enough to send him a card. thats the most I could do for someone who was special enough at one point in time to actually meet my daddy.

I was having a conversation over email with AM today about the perils of dating. I realized that I can dish out fabulous advice, but i'm horrible at listening to my own little voice. so I sat back thinking what would I would have said to myself about the boy situation . . . I pondered this and realized that we all give advice, but we seldom take the advice we've received.

in the however many countless discussion i've had with others about my problems or theirs, I think I can recall one of my friends who has the willpower to stop something the first time a red flag is raised. today I told AM the following:

don't go into thinking that he's a sleezeball trying to get in your
panties, just be on guard with yourself. i'm also not saying that you have
to go by the unspoken # date guidelines, but rather get a better sense of what
his intentions are before you decide to let him come over or you go over because
things will lead to the next few things and . . . well you know. if you're
cautious on this side of the issue you will save yourself time, energy and
emotions on the back end.



that is some damn good advice and I didn't know I had it in me . . . from here on out i'll listen to that side of myself a little more often. we'll see how that turns out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good for you, baby. hang in there!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Molly Malone said...

i think that's always the case: that you have to ask yourself if you were your own girlfriend, what would you tell her/you? and you're right, the trick is listening. glad you're back in the blogosphere!

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home