Wednesday, November 15, 2006

No money in da bank, shawdee I can't drank

okay, that title is lame as hell, but that's how i feel dammit!!! today marks my first high ass DC rent check and it hurts. when i moved into my spot in Nov of 04, i was a little nervous about paying $900 a month, but my spot is in SW DC on the waterfront and my utilities are included. the Nov 05 marked the first increase and it was brutal - a whole $95, but again, i reasoned that away by noting the improvements that were being made in my condo building and the fact that my spot was my spot, no roommate, no momma, just me to blame when the place was a mess and the dishwasher wasn't loaded. AND my rend was under $1000, YEPPIE!!!!

then the bubble burst and hit me smack in the face a few weeks ago, the cost of living allowed my landlord - a very nice guy by the way - to raise my rent by $30. YES a meager $30. mind you that now puts me at $1025 - GOTDAMN!!! to live in a damn studio and the building doesn't have a gym. Ummmm and to add insult to injury I have to pay for my cable now - WTF!!! so now i'm reconsidering the whole roommate thing, but by the time my lease ends, i'll feel too old to have one, but in this high rent ass area i need a man, a partner, a sponsor, somebody's kid to claim on my taxes or something. a part-time gig may be the answer, but my job frowns upon second jobs since my department is pretty much on call 24/7.

so the first of many uber high ass rent checks to be paid over the next 12 months was just handed to my landlord face to face, since we work up the street from one another, but i'm working on my backup plan - buying my own waterfront area condo!

2 Comments:

Blogger ContentviaDesign said...

Nice to see this blog is still active. I'll try to keep up with you.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kinda fell on your website - nice writings. Good entertainment for those breaks from work. Good luck on the rent issue - I can totally feel your pain, even from Minneapolis (where rent is also overpriced).

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home