Thursday, December 22, 2005

could it be love . . .

i am in love!!! i'm in love with my new job, my new desk, my new co-workers, my new building, my new phone . . . the list goes on and on!

so this marks my first week of work after a 6 month unemployment slump and i am super excited. not only are the office hours shortened (8:30 - 3:30), but today is my friday (happy happy friday) and i don't have to work on monday. to top it all of, i get paid tomorrow, JUST BECAUSE!!! there is nothing better than working for a legitimate business something my good friend AsianMistress and i both know very well.


i also had a FABULOUS date this week . . .

my online dating woes have paid off -- i finally met someone who is normal . . . the young man, who actually isn't very young at all - he's 34 - is a chi-town native (but i won't hold that against him), divorced and visually pleasing, but to top it all off, he's celibate.

we swapped info last week and i waited a few days to call him, well, i was a little preoccupied with another one of my "friends" so i didn't really have time to call . . .

last friday, while i'm peeling apples at my momma's, i get up the nerve to call him. of course i'm expecting the conversation to be stale and boring, i mean what can i have in common with a grown-ass man. surprisingly the convo was great. we chatted for a little over an hour and the conversation was really easy . . . no dumb questions, no awkward silence, no "why am i doing this again?" moments, just a really easy conversation.

so we talked every day this weekend - again, very nice and easy conversations . . . after speaking for a little more than an hour again on monday evening we decided to meet face-to-face on tuesday. we met at one of the many downtown starbucks locations at 4:30 pm. the date was soooo wonderful that i didn't make it to my front door until 10:30 pm. YES people that is SIX hours!

of course, he walked me to my door, as a real gentleman should . . . and before we parted ways he left me with the sweetest kiss i've had in years. he then called me when he got home to wish me well before he flew to chicago for the holidays.

last night/this morning he called me just to say hello at 5:30 am and i didn't care. please note that i am NO early riser and i don't like talking to people in the morning, but today i honestly didn't care. i like him - a lot!

stay posted, things seem to be moving rather quickly . . . but i do fall in love once a week =)

3 Comments:

Blogger Asian Mistress said...

Hehe you so crazy!

10:57 PM  
Blogger Krisco said...

That is so romantic! (the early call, not the workplace thing...:)

1:28 AM  
Blogger NubianTemptres43 said...

he called me again this morning - he is soooo dreamy. . .

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home