Monday, December 12, 2005

R.I.P interview suit, cuz i got a J-O-B!!! now i can focus on finding a man . . .

there are several things to be thankful for during the holiday season. as of 10:15 am today my level of thankfulness and gratitude went through the roof! i was offered a position I REALLY wanted -- with a company i really like. now i can afford the weekly martini allowance that I've become accustomed to and pay my rent (FYI: they are listed in order of importance)!

thank the lawd: after damn-near six months, no more sending out resumes, no more wishin, hopin and prayin for a job - i am gainfully employed. the only problem is now that i have a job, i won't be able to watch my favorite daytime shows, but thank goodness for VCRs and TiVo! don't worry Maury, i'll catch you and Oprah when i get home . . .

i guess i'm thankful for the men in my life, too. it seems that i'm sending out the "i'm gonna be off the market soon vibe" because i am being pursued by ALL of my ex-boyfriends. not just regular "i'm professing my love for you" but ALL OF THE ONES WHO WANT REAL RELATIONSHIPS AND MARRIAGE AND FAMILIES AND HOUSES and stuff!!!

don't get me wrong, like most of my fellow females i want all of these things too, but i'm scared of making the "wrong" choice. i do believe in testing the waters, but i don't want to do the marriage thing multiple times . . . so i'm gonna take all of this day-by-day. based on the trends in hollywood and as an avid US Weekly reader, i am NOT trying to be another failed marriage statistic.

if you have any advice, please share . . .

2 Comments:

Blogger Asian Mistress said...

You know I can't wait for martini night with the ladies!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Sharkbait said...

Congrats-sounds like you deserve it!

Definately go out and enjoy!

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home